DNAAdoption is a fully registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Any donations we receive may be tax deductible.
We are a team of unpaid volunteer genealogists, citizen scientists, geneticists, and all around good folks helping those on a journey of discovery.
Our mission is to teach and guide people searching for their biological roots to use DNA in combination with traditional genealogy techniques and, when applicable specialized adoption search techniques, by providing robust education, methods, guidance, and support.
Our goals as an organization:
- Provide everyone—not just adoptees but also foundlings, donor-conceived, those with unexpected DNA results, and birth families searching—information they can use to learn more about their biological roots.
- Serve as a resource to the genetic genealogy community by providing education and increased awareness of information, resources, and lessons-learned from the adoption community.
- Offer classes – open to anyone – that provide up-to-date instruction on how to gather, analyze and interpret DNA results with a combination of traditional search techniques and The Methodology.
- Ensure our students and those applying our The Methodology are able to use basic tools to evaluate their DNA results and furthermore provide an environment where students can develop advanced skills.
- Continue to create and refine our curriculum and maintain a repository of information about tools, techniques, and sources.
- Provide support and guidance to anyone on a journey of discovery for biological connections, by leveraging lessons learned from the adoption community to help with contact, reunion, and other considerations.
- Promote open sharing of information among individuals and government agencies.
Mailing Address: 12 Hidden Brick Road, Hopkinton, MA 01748
Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN): 47-2959812
More on our History, Founders, and Alumni can be found here.